What makes a good printer? Is it image quality? Size and speed? Versatility in media handling? Ease of use? Or support? Is it connectivity to whatever you own? Choose a printer based on the necessity. Do not rush into buying the cheapest or the most expensive printer in the market. Investing in a printer with all additional features might not help as well. Here is a list of printers to browse for before deciding about which one to buy.
Epson EcoTank L3150
This one is from the leading company in manufacturers of printers. The printer is an All-in-one that is perfect for general activities at home.
- It prints 33 pages per minute and 300 pages a month on an average. This printer does not help in massive printing
- It consists of conventional ink tanks that would require changes upon cartridge getting emptied. The container ensures spill-proof prints
- Epson printers are known for their lightweight and compact design serving an easy transportation
- Though the printer supports multiple connectivities, remote scanning feature is not available in this one
- The printer supports documents of almost every size such as A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL
HP DeskJet GT 5821
HP needs no introduction about manufacturing affordable printers. With this All-in-one printer, one gets a year warranty and free installation.
- This printer prints 16 pages a minute and on average, 1000 pages per month. Thus, the printer can be employed in massive printing task
- Its lightweight and modern design eases portability
- It works wirelessly and also connects through USB and mobile application
- It works well for low-cost clear pictures as well. It supports A4, A6, B5 and DL envelope sized pages
- HP is also known for their poor customer service, and the printers are not known for durability
Canon Pixma G2000
Cheapest of all the printers available, Canon printers have been successful in the market for decades.
- It can print eight pages per minute and 200 pages on av average per month. Not very impressive but works very fine when there are no lot of documents to be printed
- Overall running cost is meager although the printer yields high-quality images
- It also doesn’t support multi-connectivity and works only on a USB connection
- Canon printers are known for an excellent service, and the printer also saves ink during printing thus bringing down the cost per print
- The printer supports A4, A5 and B5 sized documents for printing and scanning
One among very few single-function ink tank printers in the world. This one is suitable for small offices with low printing demand.
- Given the very low specification, the printer is easy to understand and use and is also sold at meager price
- Although functionality is compromised, the printing speed and number of pages are the same as the highest functioning printer
- It can print 27 grayscale and 15 color pages per minute. This yields 300 pages per month
- It also doesn’t support multi connectivity and connects only via USB
- It supports A4, A5, A6, B5, C6; DL sized documents for printing
Brother DCP L3550CDW
Brother’s reliability is unparalleled. With traditional cartridges, the printer is less expensive than nearly every other printer on the list.
- The All-in-one printer interestingly also supports fax. All of these are carried out smoothly with incredible picture quality
- It has multiple connectivities enabling remote operations
- It can print 27 grayscale and ten color pages per minute. It yields the highest number of pages to be printed per month with a number of 2500 of pages
- It supports A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, and DL sized documents
HP – Ink Tank Printer
HP known for their high-quality, affordable printers need no further introduction. The HP ENVY 5010, an All-in-one printer, is one of the highest-selling printers. If you enjoy printing pictures, this one is on top of the notch.
- The wireless connectivity feature makes this printer one among the best. Although a wireless feature isn’t a big deal in 2020, the HP ePrint application for mobiles makes it easy to print even without a network
- The printer allows the user to print up to 10ppm for grayscale and 7ppm for colors
- The HP Ink subscription also allows you to save 50% on ink and allows the ink to be delivered at the doorstep
- A4, B5, A6, DL, envelope sized documents are supported by this printer
A monochrome laser printer sounds nostalgic. Although operating in grayscale and with a single functionality of printing, the printer has wifi setting onboard hence making it easy to connect.
- It supports google cloud support which is missing in other printers
- The printer is very ink efficient and prints 10,000 prints per cartridge
- Its 21ppm print speed is considerably better than an inkjet printer
- It supports A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, and DL sized documents
Brother DCP- L3550CDW
Meant only for A4 sized documents, the printer is a complete set for all in one need. They are much faster as they focus on cost per page.
- It supports multi-connectivity options both wired and wireless that allows you to print directly from mobile
- The auto 2-sided printing feature is the cliché. This feature improves the efficiency with a 250 sheet per month on an average
- It prints up to 18ppm enabling it to be a wise home printer with small printing demand
- The LCD touchscreen makes the aesthetics look better when compared to other printers. The added lightweight and compact design makes it easy for transportation as well
- Page size supported: A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL
The printer in every house has become a basic necessity. From printing a college project or for office documents, a printer at home comes handy. A printer can also be seen as a good investment. Investing in a reputable manufacturer based on the necessity and warranty will be a wise decision. Ink cost, maintenance, printer’s longevity, and resale value are some additional points to be considered while purchasing a printer.…